- When will my order ship?
We strive to ship our orders at the beginning of the week to ensure they are delivered prior to the weekend. All orders are shipped within 7-10 days after the order is processed, unless you have requested otherwise.
- Are there certain states you do not ship to?
Unfortunately at this time we are unable to fulfill orders to California and Arizona due to agricultural regulations. We also do not ship to Hawaii or Alaska due to their distance from us and the sensitive nature of the products we ship.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept PayPal, Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover.
- Do you offer discounts for bulk and/or wholesale orders?
We do! You are welcome to visit our Wholesale page to request more information. We will gladly put together a quote to offer you the best price we can on your order!
- Can I substitute or change an order I have placed?
If you would like to add, switch or otherwise change your original order, contact us as soon as possible either by phone at 850-997-3008 or use our Contact Us form to email your request. Please include your full name and order number when making your request.
- Can I cancel an order I have already placed?
We hate to see someone cancel an order of plants that are sure to impress, but these things happen. Due to the fact that many orders are processed quickly, canceling an order can sometimes be difficult. You may however request for cancellation of your order by calling us at (850) 997-3008. Customers cannot cancel orders through email. If you contact us before we package your order, a full refund will be given with no additional charge. Canceled orders that have not yet been shipped, but are in the shipping process, will be charged a 10% cancellation fee. If the order has tracking information we will not be able to cancel the order, as it is already been shipped.
- Can I return my plants?
From time to time customers will want to return their plants even though we offer an abundance of information to each customer when ordering their plants. Since plants and trees are perishable items, they cannot be returned without our permission. Restocking fees will be charged to each customer who returns a plant in live condition with authorization from Perfect Plants. Restocking fees will be 25% of the purchase price of the original order. If your order is accepted for returns, we will offer a store credit for the purchase price, less the 25% re-stocking fee. Non-perishable items, such as fertilizers, tree water bags, pruning shears, planting mixes, etc may be subject for returns with Perfect Plants Nursery permission. Customer will be responsible for all shipping and processing charges. We do not refund shipping cost to customers to return their plants to us.
- Will there be sales tax on my order?
There will be no sales tax applied to your order, unless you live in Florida and purchase an ornamental tree or shrub. Edible plants remain tax free regardless of your residing state.
- Can I request a specific shipping date?
Yes! If you wish to request a specific ship date, please use the provided space to do so that’s within the checkout process.
- Shipping Methods
We use FedEx ground/home delivery to ship all of our trees and shrubs. Perfect Plants assures that your plants are properly packaged and will be delivered to you quickly and unharmed. The delivery time varies depending on your distance from us but normally averages 2-4 days. See our complete Shipping Info page for more detailed information.
- What is my Hardiness Zone?
Click here to find your Hardiness Zone
- Will my plants and trees look like the photographs?
Absolutely! Unlike other online nurseries, our photos are of actual plants and trees we’ve grown on our family operated nursery.Your plants and trees may however not ship with flowers on them, like the photographs. This all depends on the time of year you buy your plant or tree. Crape Myrtle trees, for example, only bloom during the summer months, so if you purchase one during the spring or fall, they would ship without flowers. Once planted, your plants will grow and thrive giving you flowers for many years to come!
- What do I do when my plants arrive?
When you receive your Perfect Plants delivery, open the shipping carton as soon as possible and check each item in comparison to the enclosed packing slip to be sure you have received everything you ordered.Plants are living organisms and will require your immediate attention once received. Transplanting your new plants into their new home is the best and safest way to ensure they remain healthy and happy. However, if extreme weather causes a delay in transplantation, we would recommend that you do the following to best keep your plants healthy until they can be properly planted in their new, permanent environment:
- For potted perennials, the best area to keep the plants for short periods is outdoors in a sheltered, bright location. Be sure your plants are protected against cold weather and freezing. Water your perennials whenever the top soil begins to dry, and move to your garden as soon as possible.
- For dormant woody plants, they will survive for a few days in their plastic bags in a cool, dark area (34° to 40°F is recommended), with damp newspaper covering their roots. Mist the roots and newspaper as necessary to keep them damp, and be sure they are protected from direct sunlight and harsh winds.
- For dormant perennial roots, they can be kept in their original bag in a cool area (40°F is recommended) for no more than three weeks. However, immediate planting will produce the best results.
- How old and what size are my plants when shipped?
Our perennials will be 6 to 9 months old, and our shrubs will be 12 to 18 months old. The plants will be fully rooted and leafed out (provided you haven’t ordered a deciduous plant in the colder months). The plant’s heights will vary, but sometimes because we ship full, healthy plants, we may have to cut them back to fit in our boxes. This does not harm the plant in any way—it actually helps to promote a bushier, fuller plant.