Perfect Plants Bonsai Fertilizer pellets are a slow-release mixture that provides long-term enrichment to your bonsai tree.
Nourishing your bonsai tree through its soil is crucial for health and longevity. Earth-grown trees and shrubs typically have sources of nourishment plus space for their roots to grow. Bonsai trees, however, are kept in a limited container with little resources for supplementation — this is why a high-quality fertilizer is best.
Bonsai gardening including indoor bonsai (tropical bonsai are the ones that can be grown indoors) is a fun and relaxing way to bring your gardening to fun, miniature-sized plants. It is fun for all ages!
Perfect Plants bonsai tree fertilizer is of the highest quality in slow-release fertilizers on the market — our plant food helps release nutrients to the soil immediately after application. We believe pellet based fertilizer is better than liquid fertilizer because there is less room for error.
Our multi-purpose blend will help strengthen and maintain the growth and health of your Bonsai Tree. Additionally, it will promote flower production on flowering bonsais. The best time to apply bonsai fertilizer is in the early spring so it has the whole growing season to establish its roots. Do not fertilize in the winter months.
How to apply fertilizer to your bonsai:
- Poke a few small holes around the base of the bonsai tree
- Fill holes with approximately 1 ounce of fertilizer in total — distribute the bonsai food evenly amongst holes along the surface of the soil.
- Backfill holes with soil or gravel. Check out our specially formulated Bonsai Soil.
- Water soil thoroughly to distribute through the root system.
- Be sure to store leftover fertilizer away from children and pets as it can be harmful if swallowed.
Bag holds a 5-year supply of time-released fertilizer for a single live bonsai tree or fertilizer for 1 year for 5 bonsai trees. Be sure to mark the calendar date and create a schedule for fertilizer and every time you water.