What is Perlite?
Perfect Plant’s Organic Perlite is an excavated mineral rock from volcanic rock or glass that is typically mixed with potting soil to help manage aeration and drainage of soil for potted plants.
The mineral has a neutral pH and is light-weight and porous creating air pockets within the soil that alleviate stress on roots. Perlite has been shown to help maximize root growth while lessening stress of drainage management for gardeners with containerized plants.
Simply mix perlite for plants with a multi-purpose potting mix or seed starter before planting. Perfect Plant’s Perlite comes in a 13×15″ heavy duty, re-sealable bag — perfect for storage or later use.
Purchase this certified Organic Perlite on Amazon Prime for free shipping.
A few facts about Perlite:
- BEST GROWING MEDIA for Plants Grown in Containers — Mix With Potting Mix For Best Results
- IMPROVED AERATION of SOIL — Porosity of Perlite Prevents Soil From Compacting
- DRAINAGE MANAGEMENT — Improved Drainage for Potted Plants Grown Indoors and Outdoors and Helps Water Retention
- ROOT ACCESSIBILITY — Surface Area of Perlite Pieces Creates Space for Roots to Expand
- LIGHTWEIGHT — Highly Durable But Does Not Weigh Down Roots, Does Not Decompose
Perlite helps plants build strong root systems. Perfect soil amendment to add to your soil mix or garden beds. Great for seed starting and adding to heavy soils to help aerate.