Perfect Plants Scholarship Application
Scholarship Purpose Statement
Perfect Plants is a family owned nursery operating on the same property and principals that were established in 1980 with the purchase of the family farm. We are serious about plants and serious about offering the best products and information to our customers. As second-generation growers, we are proud of our industry and know how important it is to cultivate further interest and education in horticulture. With this in mind, we began our South East Regional Scholarship Program in 2016 to those pursuing a degree in the horticultural industry.
Applicants must be an incoming freshman, sophomore, junior or senior enrolled full or part time into a course of study at a community college or university leading to a career in the horticultural industry. A 3.0 or above GPA is required of the applicant.
Students must return all of the following to Perfect Plants Nursery by the deadline of August 20th annually.
- Completed online scholarship application
- High school or college transcripts
- Minimum 500 words; 1,000 Maximum
- Essay should address the following topics:
- Explain how your interest in the field developed and describe your experiences in the field
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart
- Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education
- Two letters of recommendation from two of the following choices:
- A member of the faculty of your school or college
- A professional member of the horticultural field
- A community leader
- An employer or supervisor
Awarded scholarship of $1,000.00 will be mailed by October 1st.
Recipient will be notified via email by September 20th. Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply for scholarship.
By submitting this application and required attachments I certify that all the information is correct and true. I understand that if any part of provided information is found to be false at any time, it may result in disqualification from or revocation of award. I also understand that if I am awarded a scholarship as a result of this application, my name will be published and announced at Perfect Plants Nursery’s discretion.
Send attachments to:
Perfect Plants Nursery Scholarship, P.O. Box 442 Lloyd, FL 32337 via mail or to Contact@myperfectplants.com via email.