If you are wanting to quickly transform your landscape, add shade, and create a sense of privacy, fast growing trees may be the solution. Today let’s explore the different fast-growing trees and why you need them in your garden.
All About Trees That Grow Fast
Many trees take a long time to grow, spread, and mature. For those of us who want to dramatically change our landscape, carefully selecting fast growing trees can save us a lot of time.
Fast-growing trees can gain considerable height and maturity within just 20 to 30 years. On average, fast-growing trees can see an increase of 2 to 10 feet in height annually. This means they can add considerable beauty and charm to your garden very quickly.
Keep in mind that some fast-growing trees may not be as structurally sound as their slower-growing neighbors. Limbs and branches may break off during storms. They may also need to be trimmed or pruned more often. For this reason, it may be a good idea to plant fast-growing trees away from your home, valuable structures, and utility lines.
The Best Fast Growing Shade Trees for Your Garden
- Mature Trees Reach 30 to 40 Feet Wide, Making Them Perfect for Shade
- Grows 4 to 7 Feet Per Year! Mature Height is 40 to 60 Feet
- As an Added Bonus, This Tree Produces Edible Nuts
- Mature Trees Reach 15 to 25 Feet Wide and Provide Excellent Shade
- This Tree Grows 1 to 2 Feet Per Year, with a Mature Height of 30 to 40 Feet
- Evergreen in Zones 5 - 9
- At 35 Feet Wide, This Tree Provides the Perfect Amount of Shade
- It Grows 8 to 10 Feet Per Year, Reaching a Mature Height of 30 to 40 Feet
- Grows in USDA Zones 4 Through 9
The Best Fast Growing Privacy Trees and Large Shrubs
- Low Maintenance
- Evergreen and Winter Hardy
- Forms a Continuous Hedge Up To 20 to 40 Feet High, Making It Excellent for Privacy
- Grows 3+ Feet Per Year!
- Grows 12 Inches Per Year with a Mature Height of 10 to 12 Feet High
- Evergreen in Zones 8 – 11
- Fragrant Spring and Fall Flowers Sweeten the Air and Attract Pollinators
- Evergreen in Zones 6 through 9
- Grows Up to 3 Feet Per Year, Reaching a Mature Height of 10 to 15 Feet!
- Mature Width is 8 to 10 Feet Making It Excellent for Privacy and Soundproofing
Fast Growing Wind Resistant Trees for Sound Reduction
- Features a Tall and Erect Growth Habit, Perfect for Windbreaking and Sound Reduction
- Low-Maintenance and Drought Tolerant
- Evergreen in Zones 7 – 10
- Grows 1 to 2 Feet Per Year and Reaches a Mature Height of 30 to 40 Feet
- Thrives in USDA Hardiness Zones 3 through 9
- Reaches a Mature Height of 40 to 50 Feet, Making it Perfect for Windbreaking
- Makes a Great Shade Tree with a Mature Width of 25 to 35 Feet
- Grows 1 to 2 Feet Per Year
- This Gorgeous Tree Grows 2 to 4 Feet Per Year and Reaches a Majestic Height of 60 to 80 Feet!
- It Has a Similarly Impressive Spread of 35 to 50 Feet Making It Ideal for Windbreaking and Shade
- It is Hardy in Zones 5 through 9
Things to Consider Before Buying Your Fast-Growing Tree:
Know Your USDA Hardiness Zone
Trees can be expensive, and you want to make sure the tree you are buying will thrive in your location. Be sure to review the growing zones for a tree before planting. Even the fastest growing trees will struggle if they are outside of their prefered environment.
Check Your Soil Type
You will want to make sure you pick trees that are well adapted to the soil type in your yard. You may also want to research the kinds of fertilizers and/or soil amendments that are beneficial to use.
Measure How Much Space You Have
Some trees can grow to be very large, very quickly. Research how wide a tree will grow at full maturity, then make sure you have ample room for the type of tree you are planting.
Consider the Maintenance Level
Determine If You Want A Fruit Bearing Tree
Some fast growing trees will also bear fruit as they mature. This can be a welcome addition for some folks, but if you have no intention of enjoying the fruit, then they may become more of a hassle then they are worth.
Consider The Nearby Wildlife
A fast growing tree can have a considerable effect on adjacent plants and wandering animals. Some of our Cypress Trees and a few varieties of spruce are deer resistant. Decide if you want to prevent wildlife from crossing your property or if you enjoy watching from your home.
Add Some of Our Fast Growing Trees to Your Garden Today!
To showcase your fast growers, try placing decorative stones, solar accent lights, and shade-loving plants around the base of your trees. Order your fast growing trees for sale today!
Tell us about your experience with fast-growing trees in the comments below. We would love to hear your story!
Find fast growing trees for sale at Perfect Plants today. Happy planting!