Bonsai Soil by Perfect Plants — professionally mixed for proper nutrients and moisture retention — Multi-purpose soil mixture for all bonsai types.
Bonsai trees are a fun and unique gardening technique that allows trees that normally grow much larger to stay in a compact size for many years. This method of growing means proper pruning care, fertilization, and water and nutrients to keep your bonsais flourishing.
Bonsai tree soil is essential to replace and replenish every few years to keep the health of your bonsai tree in line. You want a well draining soil with soil components that allow it to absorb water without getting root rot.
- The bonsai soil mix contains essential vitamins and minerals — All purpose blend for nutrient supplementation. Soil ingredients are pine bark, spaghnum peat moss, crushed grit, and sand. Plenty of organic matter to enhance your bonsai trees.
- Proper drainage — Increases water retention levels for stronger, hydrated roots while allowing good drainage. Prevents root rot while removing excess water. Be sure to pick a bonsai pot with a drainage hole for the best results.
- Professionally mixed in the USA.
- Perfect for any size bonsai tree container OR use to backfill soil of multiple Bonsai Trees
- Heavy duty resealable bag that locks in moisture, has easy storage and saves use for later.
How to replant bonsai plants with new soil:
- Remove tree from old soil and shake loose any excess old soil.
- Research each specific type of bonsai for more in depth pruning information. Prune any dead or diseased roots and allow the root system to reshape.
- Place the tree back in the pot and gather your bonsai potting mix. Backfill around the planting hole with the new sole.
- Press firmly but not too compact to replant the bonsai tree.
- Water your bonsai thoroughly.
This is the best soil for bonsai for drainage and aeration. Your trees will be thanking you!
Want more information on how to grow bonsai trees? Check out the Bonsai Grow Guide.