Organic Succulent and Cactus Soil Mix by Perfect Plants – potting soil for succulents
Comes in an 4 Quart or 8 Quart resealable bag – professionally pre-mixed for your succulent and cactus plants to provide healthy succulent growth.
The cactus dirt is mixed for drainage and aeration to provide the perfect balance of air and moisture while retaining nutrients. This succulent potting mix helps prevent soil compaction and improves the fast draining nature. The succulent mix does not hold moisture water and will enhance beautiful, colorful leaves on your plants.
This succulent soil mix is specially formulate to enhance the dry conditions that succulent plants love while providing room for roots to grow without compacting the soil medium and providing plenty of organic matter. We have perfected this well draining soil.
Perfect for adding to regular potting soil or organic potting soil mixture from the garden center.
Tips for growing succulents:
- Succulents prefer full sun.
- When planting succulents in pots, make sure your container has a drainage hole. Potted succulents need a regular watering schedule too. Pots without a drainage hole are susceptible to root rot.
- Don’t compact soil too hard when first planting succulents and cacti. This will prevent air from getting through the soil and will make it harder during waterings to drain.
- Succulent gardens are a fun way to get creative with your plants. This is the best soil for succulents to get you going with your DIY projects. You can even add it to garden soil!
- Growing succulents outdoors is very different than growing succulents indoors. They require much more water due to the weather. Indoor succulents only need to be watered once or twice a month; alternatively outdoor plants need watering once or twice every two weeks. Get to know your plant. Water when the soil is completely dry, water when needed.
- Too much water can be absorbed by their fleshy leaves and can harm your plants depending on the type of succulent.
Be sure to check out our Succulent Grow Guide for more information on planting and growing succulents.
Also check out the Succulent Fertilizer!
- Professionally mixed
- Proper drainage
- Aeration for soil to expand and roots to grow