Buy Trees for Sale Online
We can’t live without trees. We don’t consider that fact when we just think about trees in terms of shade and beauty. Trees give off oxygen that we need to breathe, plus they filter the air to make it cleaner for us to breathe. Trees help contribute to cleaning water to make it safe for everyone to drink and are the source of ingredients for medicines used to cure ailments and keep us healthy. It’s important to plant trees so we will have plenty of fresh oxygen to breathe and for the multitude of benefits they provide.
Why Buy Trees Online?
Buying trees online is so easy! Not only are you in the comfort of your own home but we keep plenty of information to help you decide what trees are best for you to buy and plant depending on your space and climate. And if you’re still not sure how to buy trees online, contact us and one of our garden specialists will help you to find the right tree for your landscape or property. You'll be doing a great service for yourself, your community, and the earth by buying a tree online and planting it for everyone to enjoy!
Buy trees online and get them delivered straight to your door, quickly and securely. Shour our trees for sale online or contact us with questions about trees and ordering.
Choosing the Right Type of Tree to Buy Online
The first step in buying a tree online is to consider whether you are planting the tree for privacy, shade, aesthetics, or other reasons. This will help you determine the best kind of tree for your space and environment. You should also take your hardiness zone and soil type into account so that you choose a tree that will fit into the ecosystem naturally. Think about how much space you have available, how big the tree will get when it's mature, and how much it may spread out.
You can count on Perfect Plants to help you pick the best tree for your property. With a huge selection of fruit trees, practical trees, ornamental trees, and more to choose from, you're sure to find the perfect tree for your needs.
Benefits Of Trees
There are endless benefits to planting and growing trees. Trees provide the wood we use to make countless products like anything made from paper. The lumber that comes from trees is used to build homes, furniture, tools, and musical instruments just to name a few things made from trees that we see every day. They provide a canopy of protection for plants that grow in the understory and on ground levels. Trees provide homes for countless species of birds and mammals and help preserve the biodiversity of the earth. Trees have supported us all throughout history and continue to provide us with endless benefits today.
When it comes to your home, garden, and yard, there are many advantages and comforts trees can provide. Trees give us shade that keeps our homes cool and protected from the heat and UV rays of the sun, helping save money in energy costs. Trees add value to any property providing practical and aesthetic benefits to anywhere they are planted. Trees enhance the visual appeal of a landscape and improve the curb appeal of your home or property, which may improve its property value if and when it comes time to sell.
- Trees improve air quality by filtering dust and pollutants.
- They reduce storm water runoff which reduces soil erosion. The reduction in stormwater runoff also reduces the amount of pollution that reaches waterways and the effects of flooding.
- Trees reduce heat in any environment and are especially needed in urban environments. Areas with large impervious surfaces, such as parking lots of stores and industrial complexes, are kept cooler with the shade provided by trees.
- Trees reduce heat and noise in suburban environments. The cost of cooling a home that shade trees nearby is reduced because the exterior of the home is kept cooler. The tree leaves also help to filter out noise from passing traffic and close neighbors.
- Streets that have trees planted along them have a calming effect on motorists who tend to drive slower on a tree-lined street.
- Trees create a privacy screen from traffic and neighbors.
- Trees will add value to your property and compliment the architecture of a neighborhood.
- Trees provide food, shelter, and protection for a wide range of pollinators.
Types Of Trees You Can Buy Online from Perfect Plants
There are many different types of trees and one (or a dozen) will be just right for your landscape. Some trees produce flowers, fragrances, fruits, and shade. Some trees grow tall, some remain small. Some thrive in shade and some need to be exposed to the sun every day. Some will drop their leaves in the fall and some will remain green year-round.
Whatever your landscape needs and desires are, there will be a tree that will be a perfect match.
- Flowering trees will produce flowers at certain times of the year. Some of the most popular flowering trees bloom in the spring, like the olive, dogwood, Pink Profusion Crabapple, June Gold Peach, Moonglow Pear, and Bruce Plum trees.
- Most fruit trees produce small fragrant blooms that attract early season pollinators. These early arrivals will hang around your landscape to pollinate the vegetable garden and flowers.
- Check out our Top 5 Early Spring Blooming Trees
- Evergreen trees will provide a green color in the landscape year-round. Long Leaf Pine, Italian Cypress, Little Gem Magnolia, and Thuja Green Giant are evergreens that will provide a living privacy screen for you and food and shelter for birds throughout the winter. Even check out Arborvitae trees!
- Deciduous trees are the type of trees that drop their leaves in the fall. Most will put on a fantastic display of fall foliage colors before dropping their leaves. Deciduous trees are the favorite type for planting near your home. The summer leaves help keep the house cooler and fall leaf drop allows the sun to shine into the house to help warm it up during the winter months.
- Popular deciduous trees include Autumn Blaze Maple, Summer Red Maple, and Willow Oak. Deciduous trees that don’t grow overly tall include Black Diamond Crape Myrtle and Semi Dwarf Japanese Maple.
- Native trees are those that grow wild in your area. Native trees have adapted to the environment, soil, pests, and diseases that are common in your area. They have a natural resistance to negative environmental factors and can survive in conditions that would kill a hybrid plant.
- Ornamental trees are those planted just for their appearance. Each one will have a stand-out feature that will make a statement in your landscape.
** Whatever type of tree you decide to plant, know that you are improving your quality of life, increasing the value of your property, helping the planet, and benefiting wildlife. That’s a very good payback for a small investment of money and time.
How To Plant A Tree
To plant a tree the first thing to do is to select the proper growing location for a new tree. Learn if the tree needs full sun or partial shade to thrive. Most trees grow best in sunny areas. Learn how large the tree will be when it reaches maturity and allow plenty of space for it to grow. Select a planting location away from driveways, sidewalks, and sewer lines. The tree roots will extend a long way out from the tree trunk and they are quite strong as they increase in size. The large roots can crack concrete and underground pipes.
Dig a planting hole twice as wide and twice as deep as the root ball of the tree. Prep the soil by digging a hole that is as deep as the root ball or container and nearly 2-3 times as wide. Mix compost into the removed soil and back-fill the planting hole half-way with the soil mixture. The compost will help keep the soil loose so the roots can grow easily and the compost will also provide nourishment for the new tree.
Place the root ball in the center of the planting hole and begin to back-fill the hole with more soil and compost mix. Gently tap the soil down to ensure all the roots are in contact with the soil. leaves a slight indentation around the tree at the soil level so it will act as a basin to catch and hold water.
Water the tree thoroughly and apply a 2-inch layer of organic mulch around the base of the tree. keep the soil moist, but not soggy, for the first few weeks until the tree becomes established.
When is The Best Time To Plant A Tree
The best time to plant a tree is in fall. The weather is cooler during the fall and the tree is going into its’ natural dormant stage. It will be able to focus all of its energy on establishing a new root system instead of trying to develop roots and top growth at the same time.
Spring is the second best time for planting a tree. Spring is the natural time of year for a tree to develop new growth so it will do well. However, the tree will grow slowly in the first year and probably will not produce blooms or fruit.
Avoid planting trees during the summer or winter. The stress will be too much for the tree and it probably will not survive. Learn how to overwinter your trees to protect them from the cold!
Read more about How to Buy Trees Online from Perfect Plants.